The Boatman and Other Stories PDF
Lifetime Software Store Offers Latest, Newest & Most Wanted PDF Ebooks For a Tiny Price.Welcome Dear Customers.
Lifetime Software Store Offers Latest, Newest & Most Wanted PDF E-books For a Tiny Price. Welcome Dear Customers We Are Happy To Give You A Good Read.
The Boatman and Other Stories PDF E-book
- NAME: The Boatman and Other Stories PDF E-book
- AUTHOR: Billy O’Callaghan
- RATING: 4.8 Out Of 5
- PRINT LENGTH: 165 pages
- PUBLISHER: Harper Perennial (April 28, 2020)
- PUBLICATION DATE: April 28, 2020
- LANGUAGE: English
“I know of no writer on either side of the Atlantic who is better at exploring the human spirit under assault than Billy O’Callaghan.”—Robert Olen Butler
The prizewinning Irish short-story writer and author of the highly praised novel, My Coney Island Baby, delivers his most accomplished book of short fiction to date—a poignant story collection that “grips from the opening page” (Bernard MacLaverty).
These are twelve poignant, quietly dazzling, and carefully crafted stories that explore the resiliency of the human heart and its ability to keep beating in the wake of bereavement, violence, lost love, and incomparable trauma and grief.
Spanning a century and two continents, from the muddy fields of Ireland to a hotel room in Paris, a dingy bar in Segovia to an airplane bound for Taipei, The Boatman and Other Stories follows an unforgettable cast of characters. Three gunshots on the Irish border define the course of a young man’s life; a writer clings fast to a star-crossed affair with a woman who has never been fully within his reach; a fisherman accustomed to hard labor rolls up his sleeves to dig a grave for his child; and a pair of newlyweds embark on their first adventure, living wild on the deserted Beginish Island.
Ranging from the elegiac to the brutally confrontational, these densely layered tales reveal the quiet heroism and gentle dignity of ordinary life. Billy O’Callaghan is a master celebrant of the smallness of the human flame against the dark: its strength and its steady brightness.
The Boatman and Other Stories PDF REVIEW
- “Billy O’Callaghan’s work is at once subtle and direct, warm and clear-eyed, and never less than beautifully written…This writer is the real thing.” — “John Banville, author of Nightspawn”
- “Beautiful collection of stories describing parts of Cork in the 1930’s and 1940’s by a very talented and descriptive story teller.
- DIGITAL DOWNLOAD ONLY, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A PAPER BOOK!!!
- YOU WILL GET A PDF FORMAT BOOK.
- DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS PRODUCT WE DO NOT OFFER REFUND.
FEEDBACK & REVIEW
- If you are satisfied with the purchase, do not hesitate to give a feedback.
- For any problems, I invite you to contact us, so that we can resolve them as quickly and as best as possible.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us through the Contact page.
- Your email will be answered as soon as we read it.
- E-book (PDF Format)
- Read Me File
- Store Shortcut
- Please Place your order and pay for it.
- Check Your Downloads under “My account” your digital product will be present there.
- Usually, you will get the download link instantly, after you pay for your order. If you didn’t have the download link under your account on our store then please send us a message through our Contact Page so as we will send it manually.
- Due to the nature of this product, We do not offer a refund.