The Weight Of The Heart By Susana Aikin PDF
Lifetime Software Store Offers Latest, Newest & Most Wanted PDF Ebooks For a Tiny Price.Welcome Dear Customers.
Lifetime Software Store Offers Latest, Newest & Most Wanted PDF E-books For a Tiny Price. Welcome Dear Customers We Are Happy To Give You A Good Read.
The Weight Of The Heart By Susana Aikin PDF E-book
- NAME:The Weight Of The Heart By Susana Aikin PDF E-book
- AUTHOR: Susana Aikin
- RATING: 4.7 Out Of 5
- PRINT LENGTH: 255 pages
- PUBLISHER: Kensington Books (May 26, 2020)
- PUBLICATION DATE: May 26, 2020
- LANGUAGE: English
Praise for Susana Aikin’s We Shall See the Sky Sparkling
“Satisfying. . . . Expertly plotted and rife with historical details . . . a rich story of the prejudices women faced at the turn of the 20th century.” —Publishers Weekly
On a sweltering August day in Madrid, Anna, Julia, and Marion return to their childhood home. The once grand mansion, furnished with exotic objects and art that reflected the cultures of their English father and Spanish mother, once bustled with visitors. But since their father’s death, all three sisters have been reluctant to go back, still feeling the weight of his domineering influence. Julia believes that before the house can sell, it needs to be cleared of negative energy, and she has planned a limpieza, or cleaning ritual.
Marion, the oldest, fears what the ceremony might unleash. Anna, the youngest and most capable and ambitious of the trio, is skeptical of the Cuban santera hired by Julia. Still, she is wary of antagonizing her siblings, or of stirring up old resentment.
But as the ceremony progresses, guilt and recrimination become impossible to ignore. And if there’s a chance of bringing their house and their lives out of the shadows, it rests in the sisterhood, strength, and indomitable love that remains when the ghosts of the past surrender at last.
- “If you love in depth studies on family dynamics, this book is for you. The Weight of the Heart by Susana Aikin definitely fits this description and you will want to beg, borrow or buy a copy of this book.
- This book was highly descriptive. You really got to know her characters by listening to what is going on in Anna’s head. There has been rifts in the sister’s relationships since the death of their father. The book explores their relationships along with their love interests and how they let their father control them.
- The most interesting character was Delia. She was brought in to cleanse the father’s house the sisters thought might now be haunted since their father died. The book takes place over a long day of rituals, mishaps and a lot of time to think and reflect.
- My favorite relationship was the one between Anna and Marcus. It was probably the most messed up relationship in the book. I’m always amazed at what people will do for love!
- I received a copy of this book from the author for a fair and honest review. Thank you Susana Aikin.
- “A brilliant reclamation of ‘Rumpelstiltskin,’ digging deep into that story’s anti-Semitism and pulling up something nourishing from the roots . . . One of the year’s strongest fantasy novels . . . I’m in awe of how Novik spins moldy, hateful straw into warm and glimmering gold.”—Amal El-Mohtar, NPR
- “A thoughtful, emotionally complex, absorbing drama.”—Kirkus Reviews
- “Novik has a knack for creating richly layered fantasy worlds with complex social dynamics, ruthless rulers and epic plot twists; her poetic narratives often recast magical motifs in unexpected ways. . . . This one, a stand-alone retelling of the Brothers Grimm’s ‘Rumpelstiltskin,’ includes a feminist exploration of the politics of money.”—Newsweek
- “The Rumpelstiltskin fairy tale has never been as captivating. . . . Spinning Silver further cements [Novik’s] place as one of the genre greats.”—Paste
- “Deftly woven and highly immersive.”—Tordotcom
- “An inventive retelling.”—Bustle
- “A stroke of genius . . . Novik’s characters are compelling, and the moral choices they are faced with are genuinely difficult. . . . Her tone can move from gently humorous, to sweepingly epic, to piercingly sad easily, and back again. . . . Even better than Uprooted.”—Locus
- “Spinning Silver follows in the tradition set by Robin McKinley of fairy-tale worlds populated by fairy-tale characters who feel like real people, and of princesses with strength and agency. But it moves the tradition forward.”—Vox
- DIGITAL DOWNLOAD ONLY, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A PAPER BOOK!!!
- YOU WILL GET A PDF FORMAT BOOK.
- DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS PRODUCT WE DO NOT OFFER REFUND.
FEEDBACK & REVIEW
- If you are satisfied with the purchase, do not hesitate to give a feedback.
- For any problems, I invite you to contact us, so that we can resolve them as quickly and as best as possible.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us through the Contact page.
- Your email will be answered as soon as we read it.
- E-book (PDF Format)
- Read Me File
- Store Shortcut
- Please Place your order and pay for it.
- Check Your Downloads under “My account” your digital product will be present there.
- Usually, you will get the download link instantly, after you pay for your order. If you didn’t have the download link under your account on our store then please send us a message through our Contact Page so as we will send it manually.
- Due to the nature of this product, We do not offer a refund.